Saturday, September 29, 2007

~Memories~


Those sure were crazy times!! Yup, thanks Junxian and Weijie for keeping me sane when the children were driving me crazy in the beginning. I’m always fascinated by how the children seem to be able to connect with you. You guys sure have a way with them!

The first year I joined, it was tough. Couldn’t really make any friends as there weren’t orientation sessions (you guys are so lucky now) and I was a real introvert freshie. Thank goodness for the support of JX and WJ!

I was greatly encouraged by the intake of the volunteers during the subsequent years. Their enthusiasm and love for the children is simply uplifting and contagious! Always ready to give a few hours of their precious time to organize and participate in the various lifeskills, outings and camp. Your dedication and time has certainly brought much cheer and hope to the children. =)

Anyway, I’d like to take the chance to thank Darren for joining FOC. Although I always complain about you and how our frequencies fail to match, you know I love you right? Haha.. (hey, I’m straight ok) Your leadership helped us achieve the RSP status we’ve been fighting for so long. Great work dude!

I’m privileged to be able to make several friends in this club. Thanks to the Viriya staff and all in RSPFOC who’ve helped me one way or another. And finally to Aditya, everyone in the new committee and volunteers… I know RSPFOC is in good hands. Let’s keep the passion and love for the children burning! YES!! The children need you!!!

- Sebastian

No comments: